Sharing a filter will not save

Krys Prendergast January 24, 2020

I followed these instructions;

Saving a search as a filter

1. Define and run your search.
  2. Click the Save as link above the search results.
  3. Enter a name for the new filter and click Submit.

Your new filter is added to your favorite filters.

To change your filter's sharing settings:

1. Choose Details > Edit permissions
  2. Select a group, project, any logged in user, or public and choose Add.

I get the Details: but there is no edit permissions.

I then go into view all filters and try to edit the permission there, I select a group I know I am an admin of and click add, then when I click save, nothing happens, the pop up remains open.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi Krys - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

So you can see the Save button after you update permissions to add the group, and can click on it, but then the filter does not get saved? It just stays with the popup?

Do you then go back to the list of all filters and go back in to see if it did Save?

Hi, thanks :)

Yes I click save, it has a second of a loading reticle next to the save button then just returns to the save button being clickable again.

I go back into the list and it just stays as private permissions.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Can you try to save it to Open? Does that work? Or it won't let you save for any option?

Also, just as a double check - you are a member of the group that you are trying to save to? Not just a Jira administrator, but are a member of the group? 

I can't save it to any option but private.

Yes I tried adding to every option - groups I am a member of, open, project, public.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

I am afraid your best best is to open a support ticket with Atlassian. Sorry, I couldn't help any more.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

If you would post back here what the solution ended up being, that would be great!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events