Newbie Question about Data Extracts

Mehul Tailor November 20, 2019

I am looking for the following Issue Numbers...I know they are active but dont see them in a data extract.

.When I do a data extract ….it does not have it in the extract .

2 answers

0 votes
Mehul Tailor January 20, 2020

When I did the extract last week...we were able to see the missing issue ids in the dump.

Today when I do it ...no longer in the dump .

was something changed from

last week

this week ?

Mehul

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello @Mehul Tailor,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please, provide us the following information so we can better understand your question and confirm we are on the same page:

1 - The numbers you are mentioning are the ID or the Key of the issues you are trying to export? The issue key is usually composed by the project key and a unique number like "TEST-123"

2 - How are you exporting your data? Are you using the backup manager to export all your content or trying to export your issues using one of the export formats under the issue navigator page (CSV, word, XML)? Can you please provide us with the exact steps you are taking to export your issues?

3 - If you are using one of the formats in the Issue navigator page, please confirm if the issues you want are being selected in the JQL filter bar.

4 - How are you searching for the issues in the exported file?

Let us know what results you got from the steps above.

Mehul Tailor December 20, 2019

My response is below based on the bullet points - number wise

For BR18747 we have Issue Key BI-14 unable to find the Issue ID.

For BR23920 we have Issue Key BI-61 unable to find the Issue ID.

For BR26570 we have Issue Key BI-107 unable to find the Issue ID.

2. Click JIRA core
Click Issues and Filters
Click All Issues
Click Export
Click Export CSV (all fields)
We save the dump file.

3. same answer as 2

# 4 when searching the extract by Issue Key we still cannot locate the missing Issues

Mehul

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Mehul,

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the issues you are not being able to find so we can check if there are any specifications that might be causing them to be removed from the filter? Please, make sure to hide any sensitive information from the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 10.50.19.png

Also, the export functionality under the filter drop-down is destined to non-admin users, so it can be a little limited based on your permissions. Can you please check if you are able to export the issues by using the administrator client under JIRA Settings > System > External System Export? If you are not an admin, would it be possible to ask an Admin in your site to try that and check if the same problem occurs?

Mehul Tailor January 8, 2020

Can  a workflow change while the Issue is active can cause the issue of these BRs not showing up in or extract.

And if it is how can this be corrected?

SEE below

BR 17847   Perry Cornforth

updated the WorkflowSeptember 13, 2019, 7:59 AM

Business Intake v4

Copy 4 of Business Intake v3

BR 23920

Perry Cornforth

Business Intake v4

BR 24671

Perry Cornforth

Business Intake v4

BR26570

Perry Cornforth

Business Intake v4

BR27038

Perry Cornforth

Business Intake v4

1) Also the person doing the extract does have Admin rights .

2) After following the recommended section the External System Export option does not show. Screen shot is attached.

jira 1.png

And this is the existing workflow . After we made changes to use this workflow we could no longer see those above mentioned issues.workflow.png

Suggest an answer