How to transition parent when subtasks are completed automation

Mukthadir Sikdar March 18, 2021

How do i transition the parent to go through each status only when each subtask is completed within the parent issue.

E.g.
status 1. (when all subtasks are are completed in issue move parent status to - 2.)
status 2. when all subtasks are are completed in issue move parent status to - 3.)
status 3. when all subtasks are are completed in issue move parent status to - 4.)
... and so on

Please can someone screenshot the layout of the automation rule

THANKYOU.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Mukthadir Sikdar , 

you can use the following rule : 

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 15.48.32.png

Then you can copy it and use it for any other status you need to synchronize.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

thank you, How do i copy this for the other statuses?

my subtasks are also on a different workflow 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Mukthadir Sikdar 

What have you tried thus far for your use case?  As this is a commonly requested need, Atlassian has provided both examples and a template.

For an example, please look here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/140671

For a template to get you started, please navigate to project settings > automation > library and you will see the starting rule.

Your specific need spans different status values, so consider if you want one rule that checks each status, one by one, or multiple rules (one for each status transition).  The one-rule approach will be easier to maintain.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events