How to setup multiple outgoing emails - Exchange server

Dwayne Pierre March 18, 2018

We are using Jira Service Desk Jira Core and Confluence. At present we have 2 projects 

•  Service desk - ITSM
  • Business - Project management

the outgoing smtp email address for both projects is the same ( default outgoing email)

We would like to setup different outgoing emails for each project, as they provide different services 

2 answers

1 vote
thebro May 28, 2019

So I bought Jira Service Desk and now I cannot host two different service desk projects with two different outgoing mail addresses.

Not only that, I learned that I cannot use different reply-to address properly.

Every day I learn more and more how Jira Service Desk is not a professional tool.

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2018

Hi, 

Sadly Jira does not support multiple outgoing email servers. But you can change the "from" email address for projects from "Notification" in the project administration as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-email-notifications-938847633.html

Hope this helps. 

Update

I came across an addon that allows multiple outgoing email servers.
Enterprise Email Queue for Jira by The Plugin People: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thepluginpeople.jira.emq/server/overview

The Plugin People also deliveres JEMH witch is an extensive Email handler for automation inbound and customizing outbound email.

Dwayne Pierre March 21, 2018

Will be giving it a try will let you know how it goes. 

Dwayne Pierre April 29, 2018

After trying all variations  neither solutions work 

The Jira Notification option seems to be the better of two options, However when the 'from' email  is changed for projects no notification is sent. Notifications are only sent when the projects 'from ' email matches the system SMTP outgoing email

EMQ was installed and configured with two outgoing email and corresponding email queue.  once again Jira smtp seems to take precedence 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events