Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a quickfilter to remove from the board view all issues relating to a specific epic

Hi,

On my board, I am using swimlanes and various quick filters - I have a necessity to create a quickfilter which would remove from the sprint board all isses under a specific epic.

All other issues, bugs, stories etc, are to be left as they are, I only want to hide specific issues under a specific epic which is of lower priority.

Can it be done in JIRA at the moment?

I think I went through all blogs and community questions/answers I could find, and I don't think I have found the answer.

Thanks, 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

HI. Try this JQL:       "Epic Link" != ABC-123

Thanks.
Is there a way to hide these issues, based on the epic itself, rather than having to add to filter issue one by one?

Details: My epic is called 'Maintenance' with 3 issues assgned to the epic in a given sprint; these tasks are of lower priority and I would like to show the to the team once a week, on all other dailys I would like to hide them via quick filter - ideally based on the epic.

Thanks

you need to create a new quick filter : 

key !=  ABC-123 and ("Epic Link" !=  ABC-123 OR "Epic Link" is EMPTY)

and change the ABC-123 to the Epic key

Works like a dream! Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,917 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you