• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error : javax.mail.messagingException: Connection dropped by server? Using Jira for ticketing system

Hello Guys !! I am getting the following error while configuring my G Suite Account in one of the Applications to receive emails.

javax.mail.messagingException: Did the connection drop by the server? while connecting to host 'imap.gmail.com' as user 'username@domain.com' via protocol 'IMAP, caused by:java.io.IOException: Connection dropped by the server ?

Configuration Details:

Protocol: IMAP and Host: imap.gmail.com:993

IMAP enabled and 2SV Disabled, I’ve tried enabling less secure app and unlock captcha still getting the same error.

Is there any suggestion or settings which needs to be done for Gmail or Application to resolve this?

Thanks in Advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Kumar Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2020

Hello Rohan,

Thanks for using Atlassian Community.

You need an app password to configure the Gmail account. Can you try the below steps?

• Open Gmail account you want to configure in Jira
  • Go to Manage google account -> Security
  • You will see an option called "App Password" under Singin in Google
  • Under app password add a new entry. Select app = other and name = any custom name
  • Click save, you will get a unique code. Note down the code.
  • Instead of your password use the above app code in Jira email server configuration. go to incoming email ->mail server -> update password for Gmail account
  • You can test mail header now

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,570 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you