Error : javax.mail.messagingException: Connection dropped by server? Using Jira for ticketing system

Rohan Yadav May 29, 2020

Hello Guys !! I am getting the following error while configuring my G Suite Account in one of the Applications to receive emails.

javax.mail.messagingException: Did the connection drop by the server? while connecting to host 'imap.gmail.com' as user 'username@domain.com' via protocol 'IMAP, caused by:java.io.IOException: Connection dropped by the server ?

Configuration Details:

Protocol: IMAP and Host: imap.gmail.com:993

IMAP enabled and 2SV Disabled, I’ve tried enabling less secure app and unlock captcha still getting the same error.

Is there any suggestion or settings which needs to be done for Gmail or Application to resolve this?

Thanks in Advance,

1 answer

1 vote
Rahul Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

Hello Rohan,

Thanks for using Atlassian Community.

You need an app password to configure the Gmail account. Can you try the below steps?

• Open Gmail account you want to configure in Jira
  • Go to Manage google account -> Security
  • You will see an option called "App Password" under Singin in Google
  • Under app password add a new entry. Select app = other and name = any custom name
  • Click save, you will get a unique code. Note down the code.
  • Instead of your password use the above app code in Jira email server configuration. go to incoming email ->mail server -> update password for Gmail account
  • You can test mail header now

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events