• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding to linked issues from comments

I'd like to ensure that, when a user adds a link to a jira ticket in a comment, that link is automatically added to the Linked Issues section. 

Can I do this via an automation or a prompt reminding the person to add it in the linked issues section?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Deborah Cross ,

If you go to Project Settings-> Automation, you can set up this rule, as you can see in this screenshot. If you click on the box and enable the automation rule, the links wilol be created automatically:

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.18.28 PM.png

I just tried and worked fine for me:

Screenshot that shows the automated rule to link the issue (I added an extra step to add a comment to confirm that the link was created):

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.26.48 PM.png

And screenshot showing the link and the comments:

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.26.10 PM.png

Thank you @Carlos Garcia Navarro this looks great!

If I understand, your automation would take the entire comment body and turn that into the link. If there are more words in the comment, I'd need to edit the regex to find the link only? And if there are multiple links on one comment I wouldn't be able to use this method? 

The regex in the default rule takes care of filtering the other text out. If there are other links, it should detect and add them all to the 'linked issues' section 9I just tried and it worked as expected)

@Carlos Garcia Navarro thanks - I was all set to go, but I'm not getting the option under link issues to extract from the comment body. I have trigger issue or recently created issue only. How did you achieve it? Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.03.58 pm.png

Hmm... You should be able to copy this in the box:

{{comment.body}} contains regex [A-Z]+-\d+

Doesn't it work?

I've had to type it in there manually and press enter but it seems to have accepted. But not what you pasted, I put {{comment.body.match("([A-Z}+-\d+)")}}

That saved and published, but the rule won't trigger. Says it doesn't match the condition. Mine seems to be the same as yours?! 

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.14.47 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,408 views 12 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you