rearrange status order in columns

Pete Piro June 21, 2020

Hi,

on a board I have a column with multiple statuses that I want to display in a particular order.  While populating the column and ordered them as I want them to appear when the board is used.  Unfortunately that didn't happen.  

Any idea how to arrange them?

Thanks Pete 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

Hi Petr,

The concept behind columns is that you can set your priorities by dragging cards up and down the column. Therefore, cards would cross statuses. So there really is no ordering by status within a column. 

The only way around that is to include an ORDER BY status on the end of the filter for the board. But that will apply to ALL columns. You can't order differently per column. AND you will lose the ability to drag cards up and down to prioritize them.

Pete Piro June 26, 2020

Hello John,

thank you for your answer.  I understand the idea but what I don't get is why the sort order of the statuses doesn't match how I laid them out when I created the column in the first place... 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

The simple answer is that the sort order really seems to have nothing to do with the status. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events