Why don't we receive push notifications on Phone?

Firoza Kothari March 31, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am new to Jira Core. I have figured out all my processes and have started using it with my teammates. However, none of us receive phone push notifications even though we have all our Mobile settings in place. This is causing a hindrance as we are not updated in real time and always need to go to the portal. Email notifications are an option but they tend to make our inbox very clustered. Tried Slack integration but was wondering if there is any way to fix it for the Jira Phone App itself. 

2 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Firoza Kothari 

If you are on Jira Cloud, there is no option for push notifications for issues created. But there is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such function:

You can vote to receive updates about the feature.

Regards

Firoza Kothari March 31, 2021

Hi @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_

Thank you for your response. 

Just sharing a link here from their website which states push notifications for jira cloud but doesn't seem to work. Would you have any idea about this? https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/jira-mobile-apps#who-uses-the-jira-mobile-app

What surprises me is that when I had first downloaded the app, I did get a notification or two, but nothing post that. I didn't make any changes in my settings. 

Daniel Vest April 18, 2023

@Firoza Kothari the link @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ shared is closed as a Duplicate.

As heavily as Mobile App use is for Jira users, I really encourage you to tell everyone who uses Jira to go here and upvote the VERY basic functionality that is missing...receiving a push notification on new ticket creation!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73438

Right now we are moving a team off of Freshdesk over to Jira and they are wondering why Jira does not have this and I can just shake my head and shrug.

Daniel

0 votes
Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Firoza Kothari , 

I am from the Jira app team. Are you using an Android phone? 

The Jira Android app encountered a problem where push notifications were not being sent out. This is now fixed with the latest version that is out in the Play Store (v 71.0.533). 

If you are using Android phone and still encounter this issue, please update to the latest Jira app version. 

Cheers,

Irene

Firoza Kothari April 8, 2021

@Irene Thank you. This is now fixed, with the new update and some changes in phone notification settings. :)

Suggest an answer