Move Subtask from one issue to another.

MK May 15, 2019

I have an Issue which have a subtask in it. The permission configured so that users having "admin and scrum master" role can move the issue.

The problem is move button is not visible to a specific user. I used the permission helper to check the permission for user. Everything seems to be okay for parent issue. Also, checked the permission scheme and roles of the user in the project. Necessary permission and roles are added to the user in the project, Yet the move button is not visible for sub task.

7 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Hello @MK 

As a rule of thumb, if everything seems ok and still it doesn't seems to work, then always try the same operation in the "incognito" mode of chrome. I always do that and it's pretty helpful because in Incognito mode there is no cache and no previous session cookies stored.

0 votes
Answer accepted
MK May 16, 2019

Turns out this was a browser cache issue. Issue got resolved after clearing the browser cache.

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Hello @MK 

Can you please make sure the user is mapped to the role having the "move issue" permission?

Can you please share the screenshot of the movie issue permission from the project permission scheme and also, the screenshot of the "permission helper" for the relevant user for the "movie issue" permission.

1 vote
Hubert Kut
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2019

Hi Muthanna,

Please check if users have also create issue permission which is also required for moving issues:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Cheers,
Hubert

0 votes
MK May 15, 2019

User has 'developer' and 'scrum master' project role for project X. 

Create issue permission is set to any logged in user in the permission scheme.

Move issue permission is set to 'admin' and 'scrum master in permission scheme.

Sharing screenshot has turned out to be pain, hence any suggestion are welcomed, I believe I have given all the required information above.

Do revert if additional info is required. Thank you for you co-operation in advance!

0 votes
MK May 15, 2019

I just check the permission scheme and noticed that any logged in users have create issue permission and still the button is not visible.

Any thoughts on this?

0 votes
MK May 15, 2019

Thank you Hubert!!!

Let try this check this one and get back with the results.

Suggest an answer