Jira Cloud Slack bot behavior has changed

David Nadle August 22, 2019

Several days ago I had to reauthorize the Jira Cloud bot in Slack, and ever since I can't get the bot to detect case numbers and fill in the details like it used to. If I invite the bot to a channel I share with a developer and want this detection to work in, then I receive all notifications in that channel as well as the channel I have dedicated for that purpose. This is unwanted, and I can't figure out how to get Jira Cloud Slack bot to work the way it used to before.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hello David,

Supposing you are using the Jira Cloud for Slack (Official) app, I understand that previously your Slack integration was returning a specific set of filtered issues, but once you reauthorized in one of your channels, it started to display every single issue for the project you set it. Is it correct?

I believe that you create a new subscription when you reauthorized the integration, so all the filters applied to the old subscription were cleared.

If you want to configure/filter which issues you want to return in that channel like it was before, you can perform the steps below:

1 - Navigate to the channel where you configured the Subscription > Type /jira manage

2 - Click to change subscription > the following screen will appear for you, where you can set which issues you would like to display:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 16.17.12.png

3 - Configure it as you need

Let me know if this information helps.

David Nadle August 23, 2019

I see. What I had to do was invite Jira Cloud into the developer's channel but disable all the notifications.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

I'm glad to know your issue is solved, David.

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events