How do i identify which project(s) are using a particular screen design?

stephen_rowlinson October 1, 2020

I want to modify a Custom field in Jira Cloud. When i go to Project Settings > Fields, i can see the field that i want to change is being used across two screens, my screen design and another called 'FB: Defect Screen'. How do I identify which project(s) are using the 'FB: Defect Screen' layout so that I can coordinate the change? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

Hi Stephen,

You have to walk it up the chain. Check to see what Screen Scheme the Screen is in. Then, check to see what Issue Type Screen Scheme that the Screen Scheme is in.

Then go to the list of Issue Type Screen Schemes and see which projects are associated with that Issue Type Screen Scheme. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Hi @stephen_rowlinson 

If you go into your admin section, you will find 'Screens', if you click on this you can find your screen, then click the 'Screen Scheme', when this loads the top of the page will say 'Shared By X Projects' - clicking on X Project will show you which projects use that scheme.

Hope that helps

Regards, Liam

stephen_rowlinson October 1, 2020

Thanks... after all of that there are no projects using that scheme so there was no 'Shared By...' on that scheme!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events