How do I change the Kanboard from Private to Public as my team can't see it?

Michiko Myint October 31, 2019

My project is public but for some reason my kanban board under that project is set as private and my team can't view it. 

I tried going into the Board settings and even added my team members as administrators but they still can't view it. 

both of them can see the individual tasks within the board but they just can't view the board itself.  

thanks

Board settings.JPGBoard showing as Private for my team member (Fraser).jpg

1 answer

2 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Hi @Michiko Myint ,

Please note that you need to edit the Edit Filter shares in board and your board filter must be shared with others.

share01.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Michiko Myint November 3, 2019

thank you. That works :-)

Michiko Myint November 3, 2019

@Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ sorry that didn't work, I thought i would have. But my team is still seeing the board as private and cannot access it. 

thank you for your help but it has not worked unfortunately :-(

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Michiko Myint ,

It looks like board filter is not with others, so you need to share your board as well to others.

Please follow below steps.

1. Click on Edit Filters

filter001.png

2. Click on Details

filter002.png

3. Check whether it is shared with your group or not. Edit the permissions and add the required to group. If you want to display to all users then select any logged in users.

filter003.pngScreenshot 2019-11-04 at 1.25.13 AM.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Like lapacquah_bryant likes this

Suggest an answer