How can i configure an issue security scheme to limit users to see only his issues?

Andrés García February 1, 2019

I have to limit some users to see only issues created or assigned to them. Trying make this, some users can't see any issue or see all issues, but i can't make them see only his issues. Can someone help me, please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

Hello,

You do need to setup issue security scheme. Go to the project settings -> permissions and set the Browse Projects permission to reporter and assignee

Andrés García February 1, 2019

Thanks for the answer, but maybe i explained wrong. I need configure a Role, Group or user that only see his own issues. I can't modify one by one all issues to change his permissions. Are there something to do that?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

You do not need to modify every issue. If you provide in the Browse Projects permission Reporter and Assignee then users will be able to see only issues to which they are assigned or they created. If there are other users, who must see all issues, then you also add the group of such users to the browse projects permission.

Like Andrés García likes this
Andrés García February 2, 2019

Sorry, but i can't configure this correctly.

Is a Jira Cloud project, and if i don't give to the user Browser Project permission he can't see any issue of the project.

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-02 a las 17.36.04.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-02-02 a las 17.36.36.pngCan you tell me step by step how configure the user to see only his issues?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2019

Push the edit button for the Browse Projects permission and choose the reporter and then the assignee

Like Andrés García likes this
Brian Litwak July 25, 2019

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Can you help me?

I added assignee and reporter.

Should I remove something?

I am using Jira Service Desk.

Thanks

sec.png

Brian Litwak July 26, 2019

Hi @Alexey Matveev can you help me? thanks

Brian Litwak July 26, 2019

This is my current configurationbrowse.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders