How an I configure a workflow with approval conditions??

Rumeysa Keles December 5, 2019

I'd like to create a workflow,which has specific approval conditions. For example if the draft review is not approved by certain people,user will not be able to continue to drag the issue to done column.

How am I going to give approving authority to a specific person ?

How am I going to prevent users to go on without approvals?

Is an approval will be asked to approver?

Any notification will be sent to user when the issue is approved?

Thanks already

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

@Rumeysa Keles I would suggest using Jira Service Desk to do this rather than Jira. This has some very useful and easy-to-configure functions built in to it where you can set up approvals and approvers, set up approver notifications so that they know when their approval is required etc.

There is some useful information here how to set these up in Jira Service Desk. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-938847527.html

You could probably achieve something vaguely similar to this in a Jira workflow by setting up workflow conditions (e.g. can only be transitioned by certain people) but can be very fiddly to set up depending on the level of approvals you are looking for

Ismail Sanni December 12, 2023

Don't know why conditions don't work when it comes to approvals. 

I have a condition that one user in a group can approve the issue and transition the ticket but I noticed a previous user who approved the previous status can approve it within seconds before the screen refreshes.

Suggest an answer