Consistency in coloring for a Status in Dashboard Pie Chart

Richard Williams January 31, 2023

I get that we can't customize the colors within the Pie Chart without spending additional add-on money, but is there a way to make them consistent?  Below are 2 graphs with the same data (albeit, one has an additional filter sliming down the results) for the same project, same teams, etc.  Notice that the Status colors are different. On the left Done = Blue and on the right Done = Orange.  Left is Open = Orange and right Open = Blue.  Etc.  Is there a way to align the colors?  I honestly don't care what color is what status...we just want it consistent. 

We're on Jira Cloud.
colors.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

In that particular gadget the colors are assigned based on the statistic value rather than the grouping name. The highest value is assigned blue, the next highest is red, and so on.

Since the pie chart gadget might be used for a wide variety of fields with a wide range of possible values to be used as group names, I don't think there would be any easy way to assign a color to a group name. The group names can even change during the refresh of a specific instance of the gadget.

Suggest an answer