Bulk Action

raquel trilla April 26, 2019

I would like to add a field (a new field created by me) on all the issues created, the value would be a default value.

I think that would be in a bulk way, but I need more details.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

2 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2019

Hi @raquel trilla ,

Without relying on any plugins, I think the easiest way is the system's built-in bulk editing feature.

Hi!

How can I built-in bulk editing?

Thanks

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

Whenever you create a new custom field in Jira it is automatically available for every issue, AS LONG AS the field schema associated to each issuetype allows it.

The field being available has nothing to do with the field being visible. You should configure your screen schemas so the issuetypes you want have that field present in the screens you want.

Hope it helps.

Yes, that´s right. I have created a new field so when I creat a jira issue, that field appear in the issue to be filled.

However, I would like to introduce that new field in every issue already created.

0 votes

Thank you so much for your answers, I have solved the problem with Bulck Change in Jira (youtube).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events