Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When deactivating a user, is there a way to know what the user has programmed?

angela.gagnon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

I have recently seen cases where a user was deactivated and not only are they left in groups but are still an owner of a project, or the workflow automatically assigned to the deactivated user.  I have even saw a project where the project was un-useable because the workflow was so locked down and restrictive to only allow the owner to move through the workflow changing statuses.

If there was a way to know all the things a person you are deactivating is tied to it would enable the admins to take action to adjust where needed. Does anyone know if its possible to run commands to identify what that said user has for these types of conditions.  This way as an administrator, we could take action to adjust before deactivating that user.  

We are on the Standard version, perhaps its got better functionality if we were on premium to have better visibility to this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The short answer is "no", albeit one good bit is that if you use "deactivate" instead of "delete", it is a LOT easier.

If you deactivate a user, think "Jira still knows and reports on them, but they're dead to it.  All their existing activity is untouched, but they can not be assigned new issues, selected in user fields, etc, but you can still search for them (never delete a user, just disable)

A deactivated user may appear in places, but only in an informational way (if Bob leaves, disable their account.  Bob will show as a member of a group, someone who edited an issue, but they won't be selectable as the assignee even if in an assignable group or even named individually)

But for the workflow permissions, no, sorry, you need to review every one of them.

angela.gagnon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

if anyone is interested in voting on this to have this ability developed go here and vote [JRACLOUD-82787] Comprehensive Decommission Checklist for User Accounts in Jira - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events