Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would cause Accepted Spend to go down?

Stephanie Davis May 9, 2023

I pulled a Status Report - Financial View two weeks ago and pulled it again today and Accepted Spend on several of my Epics has gone down.  What would cause Accepted Spend to go down?  I thought that number is pretty much locked in after the sprint is completed and the Team Spend Per Point is calculated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

@Stephanie Davis It could happen for a variety of different reasons such as the stories/feature being moved to a different epic, stories moving to a different sprint, sprint allocation changes, PI or cost center rate changes, etc.  Here is a document that provides info on when the values can be rebaselined:  https://help.jiraalign.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403860985364-Manage-Data-for-Financial-Calculations#h_01FB0T8CG4P3WAA2GSSG91M6Z4

Thanks for the quick response.  That was helpful but I'm still unclear on 1) is a re-baseline needed if team allocations change after the fact and 2) what exactly this means about the burn rate as we did change our burn rate from 7 to 8 recently?

Note: The following data can’t be re-baselined at this time. If you have a need to update the following inputs, contact our Support Team for additional info and options:

• Kanban team member allocations
  • Burn hours for agile and kanban teams
  • Days in sprints and anchor sprints

Also, does this mean once the sprint is marked completed or after the buffer days have lapsed?

A team’s Team Cost per Sprint value is stored at 11:59pm on the last day of a sprint or anchor sprint. 

Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

@Stephanie Davis If you change a person's allocation in a sprint, that automatically causes it to rebaseline and the team cost per point will be updated for that sprint which would change the accepted spend.  If you increased your burn hours that would ultimately increase the accepted spend rather than decrease it because this would increase the overall cost of the team.  In regards to when it stores the Team Cost per sprint, it would be the sprint end date listed for that sprint.  For the question about the info to contact Support, I would recommend you open a support ticket since they can provide you guidance based on your specific setup/situation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events