Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What team member information can i retrieve from Jira Align as a People Manager Role

Walt Adams March 8, 2021

I am trying to understand what team member information i can retrieve from Jira Align. For example: 

1. As an executive, I want the ability to understand resourcing levels of teams and programs, and easy access to the names, skillsets, roles and physical locations of the people on each of the teams. 

Are there any reports in JA that i could pull to capture this information?

Am i able to add skillsets anywhere in the tool that i could retrieve? I do not see anywhere that i can add skillsets when i add a new user in the tool. 

Thanks for help!

2 answers

2 votes
Jessica Piikkila
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2021

Hi Walt,

I am going to add on to Kim's answer above, here is a help article for the skills inventory report, https://help.jiraalign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004966867-10X-Skills-Inventory.  

If this was not what you were looking for exactly.  If you wanted a more traditional resource management perspective or wanted to see all the data points in one view, it might be a bit challenging to find a view that presents all the information in one page.  If you have Enterprise Insights, this can be leveraged to pull all the data points you mentioned above and present it in a way that gives your executive everything they want to see.

Hope this helps. 

0 votes
Kim Herren March 15, 2021

Walt,

There's a Skills Inventory report that can be used to manage and review skills of users.  You can filter the users on things such as a skill, a group of skills, Manager or System role but not based on a team or program.  Access to this report is set within the Additional Options role toggles settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events