Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates from Jira are not flowing over to Jira Align. Receiving Message in Audit logs.

Ann Bouvier March 4, 2020

Updates from Jira are not flowing over to Jira Align. Receiving Message in Audit logs.

No changes were pulled in from Jira because there is a Jira Align update waiting to be pushed to Jira.

What do I need to do to fix this issue?

@Peter Jessen  I bet you have an answer...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

Hi @Ann Bouvier ,

This is related to the Allow Jira to Overwrite Data setting in Administration -> CONNECTORS -> Jira Settings -> Jira Setup tab.

• From Jira Align Help: It is usually set to No. Select Yes to allow the Jira data to overwrite the Jira Align data when the data is changed at the same time and there is a conflict.

The reason for this situation is because the connector "sees" a change on a feature/story in Jira Align that hasn't pushed to Jira, while at the same time someone made a change to the same feature/story in Jira. Allow Jira to Overwrite Data is probably set to No, therefore someone must manually resolve the issue.

One (safe) way to resolve this:

1. Compare the issue in Jira to the object in Jira Align to determine what changed in each.
  2. Write down the change from the object in Jira Align
  3. Do a forced sync on the issue in Administration -> CONNECTORS -> Jira Settings -> Jira Integration tab.
  4. Verify the change in Jira synced over to Jira ALign
  5. Update the Jira Align object with the change that was the conflict
  6. The change will now sync to Jira.

As I said, the above is a safe option.

To avoid this issue in the future:

• Option 1: This typically happens at the feature level because the Product Owner is updating the feature in Jira Align and a team member is updating the same feature (Jira Epic) in Jira.To avoid this, team members should not update features. Only Product Owners should update/edit features. (Yes, I know I'll hear disagreement on this point.)
  • Option 2: Change the Allow Jira to Overwrite Data setting to Yes. This avoids this issue at the cost of overwriting changes in Jira Align that occurred at the same time on the same object as in Jira.

Regards,
Peter

Thank you so much.  I was able to find 8 different issues and corrected them.  Allow Jira to Overwrite Data is already set to YES.

Thanks again

Mark Dodrill July 22, 2022

I have the same issue, but with "Allow Jira to Overwrite Data" is already on, and doing a forced sync of that one specific issue didn't work.  It just put that same message in the Audit Log again and didn't resolve it.

What are other possible ways to resolve it?

0 votes
Matt Magee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

HI Everyone and HELLO Peter!

Peter is absolutely correct about the answer he provided, but I would like to provide more clarity on the scenario he used as an example of when data might not flow.

Peter had suggested that replication may not occur between JA and Jira "...because the connector "sees" a change on a feature/story in Jira Align that hasn't pushed to Jira, while at the same time someone made a change to the same feature/story in Jira." 

While this scenario is hypothetically possible, it is improbable due to the timestamping of records in Jira history and JA. The more likely culprit is that certain transactions in Jira simply do not update the "Jira Update Timestamp field" that JA uses to determine if the record(s) need replicated. For example, updating a hyperlink in Jira does not actually update the Jira DTS as one might expect. There are in fact numerous transactions, due to the way Jira is designed that can sneak through without a DTS update.

One way to check if this is the case, assuming all other replication conditions are being (e.g. the sprint or story isn't shared across jira boards), is to simply attach a new jira label to the object. If this causes the record to replicate, you may have found the culprit.

0 votes
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

@Ann Bouvier- If you get my name correct, I might just have an answer for you! :-P

LOL sorry.....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events