• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Updates from Jira are not flowing over to Jira Align. Receiving Message in Audit logs. Edited

Updates from Jira are not flowing over to Jira Align. Receiving Message in Audit logs.

No changes were pulled in from Jira because there is a Jira Align update waiting to be pushed to Jira.

What do I need to do to fix this issue?

@Peter Jessen  I bet you have an answer...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Ann Bouvier ,

This is related to the Allow Jira to Overwrite Data setting in Administration -> CONNECTORS -> Jira Settings -> Jira Setup tab.

• From Jira Align Help: It is usually set to No. Select Yes to allow the Jira data to overwrite the Jira Align data when the data is changed at the same time and there is a conflict.

The reason for this situation is because the connector "sees" a change on a feature/story in Jira Align that hasn't pushed to Jira, while at the same time someone made a change to the same feature/story in Jira. Allow Jira to Overwrite Data is probably set to No, therefore someone must manually resolve the issue.

One (safe) way to resolve this:

1. Compare the issue in Jira to the object in Jira Align to determine what changed in each.
  2. Write down the change from the object in Jira Align
  3. Do a forced sync on the issue in Administration -> CONNECTORS -> Jira Settings -> Jira Integration tab.
  4. Verify the change in Jira synced over to Jira ALign
  5. Update the Jira Align object with the change that was the conflict
  6. The change will now sync to Jira.

As I said, the above is a safe option.

To avoid this issue in the future:

• Option 1: This typically happens at the feature level because the Product Owner is updating the feature in Jira Align and a team member is updating the same feature (Jira Epic) in Jira.To avoid this, team members should not update features. Only Product Owners should update/edit features. (Yes, I know I'll hear disagreement on this point.)
  • Option 2: Change the Allow Jira to Overwrite Data setting to Yes. This avoids this issue at the cost of overwriting changes in Jira Align that occurred at the same time on the same object as in Jira.

Regards,
Peter

Thank you so much.  I was able to find 8 different issues and corrected them.  Allow Jira to Overwrite Data is already set to YES.

Thanks again

0 votes
Peter Jessen Community Leader Mar 04, 2020

@Ann Bouvier- If you get my name correct, I might just have an answer for you! :-P

LOL sorry.....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Best Practices in Jira Align

Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...

647 views 1 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you