Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to accept stories

Reddy May 21, 2020

Hello,

I am unable to accept stories under a feature. The stories are not assigned to any iteration and they are in Unassigned backlog. Is that an issue? I have sufficient rights to accept the story but when I hover over Accept, the message says 'You do not have permissions to proceed'. The team that is tied up with the story is a 'Program team'.  Kindly help me here.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Hiya Reddy!  Sounds like your group is maybe using a scaling model similar to (or exactly) Scrum @ Scale.  

In which case, you will need to create an "Agile Team" for each SoS and EMS group to be able to function as a scrum team member, have access to sprints, sprint backlogs, ceremonies, and associated scrum role functions. 

Hope that helps add a little bit of clarity!  

0 votes
Shannon Wright
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

This could be related to what your role is on this team.  

Could you check what role you are for this team as well as any other team where you have the permission to Accept stories just to verify?

Reddy May 21, 2020

Hello @Shannon Wright ,

Thank you for the reply. But this is a Program type team and has only one role "Scrum of scrums". Also the story is in 'unassigned backlog' as we cannot generate iterations for Program type team.

Thank you.

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2020

Hi @Reddy

Jira Align has Program Team membership and Agile Team membership.  Being able to accept a story is tied to user's Agile Team membership, a story being assigned to a sprint, and the user being assigned to a set role on that associated sprint's membership panel.  In this particular occurrence it may be best for you to add users as members on both the Program and Agile teams.

We cover this logic, the Agile team roles, and what permission each team role has in further detail here: https://agilecrafthelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011738413-10X-Assign-Team-Roles

If the team is planning on accepting stories outside of sprints it is possible they should consider moving to a pull based system such as kanban.

Cheers!
Tim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events