Stack Rank for Unassigned Backlog

ytoeda February 13, 2020

How can I get to the unassigned backlog and stack rank items?

When I open unassigned backlog, I see a message saying that "Ranking is currently disabled for this view.".  Assuming this has something to do with the filter but without selecting a PI, I do not have an option to view unassigned backlog.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Check to make sure you don't have filters set in your backlog view; you can't rank the backlog when you're filtering out work objects.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.01.32 AM.png

There are a couple ways to get to the Unassigned Backlog to rank items. It depends on what you set in the context bar. In the example below, I picked a program but no Program Increment, so I see all the work objects (in this case I am looking at the Feature backlog.)

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 8.57.45 AM.png

To get to the Unassigned Backlog for Features, pick a PI, then you'll see the Unassigned Backlog button on the right. In the example below, I am looking at PI 5 (the current PI) for my program.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.04.47 AM.png

When I click the Unassigned Backlog button, I get all the Features for the Mobile program that are in the Unassigned Backlog. Then I can drag and drop those features into the order I want.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.06.10 AM.png

The same steps apply for Epics and Capabilities (if they're enabled.) To view a Story backlog, you have to specify which Team's story backlog you want to inspect.

ytoeda February 17, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted an internal team to find out what the cause of this issue maybe.

We thought that the filtering was the issue but dont see any. There may be a filtering on backend that we cannot see.

tempsnip.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events