• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stack Rank for Unassigned Backlog Edited

How can I get to the unassigned backlog and stack rank items?

When I open unassigned backlog, I see a message saying that "Ranking is currently disabled for this view.".  Assuming this has something to do with the filter but without selecting a PI, I do not have an option to view unassigned backlog.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rich Sparks Atlassian Team Feb 14, 2020

Check to make sure you don't have filters set in your backlog view; you can't rank the backlog when you're filtering out work objects.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.01.32 AM.png

There are a couple ways to get to the Unassigned Backlog to rank items. It depends on what you set in the context bar. In the example below, I picked a program but no Program Increment, so I see all the work objects (in this case I am looking at the Feature backlog.)

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 8.57.45 AM.png

To get to the Unassigned Backlog for Features, pick a PI, then you'll see the Unassigned Backlog button on the right. In the example below, I am looking at PI 5 (the current PI) for my program.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.04.47 AM.png

When I click the Unassigned Backlog button, I get all the Features for the Mobile program that are in the Unassigned Backlog. Then I can drag and drop those features into the order I want.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.06.10 AM.png

The same steps apply for Epics and Capabilities (if they're enabled.) To view a Story backlog, you have to specify which Team's story backlog you want to inspect.

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted an internal team to find out what the cause of this issue maybe.

We thought that the filtering was the issue but dont see any. There may be a filtering on backend that we cannot see.

tempsnip.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Best Practices in Jira Align

Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...

644 views 1 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you