Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align & Time Tracking (Tempo)

Lyle Rosdahl December 13, 2023

I'm hoping to get a little more information about Time Tracking in Jira Align. We have on-premises versions of both Jira Data Center (with Tempo) and Jira Align. I understand the majority of the features have been removed. I'm also aware that Tempo (or time tracking) is synced from Jira at the Sub-Task (Task in Align) level. Finally, I know that there is Identification and Work Codes, that I believe you can link to Epics and Stories. While there is documentation about how to create/edit these codes, there seems to be nothing about how that functionality works.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for more information/documentation about a) time tracking and how it's used other than being tracked in Align Tasks (e.g., reporting) and b) how Identification/Work Codes are used/their purpose in finance rollup. Really anything regarding time tracking in Align would be welcome.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2023

Hi @Lyle Rosdahl

I hope all is well! You are correct about Jira Align removing most of the legacy Time Tracking functionality.

Have you seen these two links about the integration with Tempo?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/New-Jira-Align-integration-with-Tempo-Timesheets/ba-p/2157073

https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/setting-up-and-configuring-tempo-timesheets/tempo-and-jira-align-integration/frequently-asked-questions-for-jira-align-and-timesheets-by-tempo.html

Please let us know if those help?

Cheers!

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2023
Lyle Rosdahl December 21, 2023

Hi, @Tim Keyes 

Thank you for the responses. I did see those two links above about Tempo. I'm not entirely sure how much of that is Cloud-based functionality, though I had watched the video, which led me in the right direction to see time tracking being synced on Sub-tasks/Tasks.

Understood that the Work Codes are values that allow you to designate work items as being part of an external financial system. If I'm understanding correctly, it doesn't really have anything to do with time tracking as I originally thought. 

Thank you again for the responses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events