Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align Ideation direct link to the form for internal users

Donald Prather April 14, 2023

Hi,

I am still rather new to Jira Align and brand new to the Ideation module and I have a question related to providing access to both internal and external users to an ideation form. I like that I can have external users access the form directly through the public/external URL and that seems to work. However, I can't figure out how to give internal users the same direct access to this form. When an internal user attempts to use the public URL,they are taken to the main Ideation page (Ideation for...) if they are logged in. Or, if they are not logged in, the URL takes them to a log in page but tells them they don't have access to the group and that they need to register.

Is there a way to give internal users the same direct access to fill out the ideation form that external users are able to have without having to give them a second account/login? We are using the ideation form exclusively for internal users and can't find a good way of letting them get there directly.

Thanks!

Don Prather

2 answers

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

You might be able to do something with your SSO such that a URL pattern for external Ideation does not go through SSO, but routes directly to the url where they user will have to "manually" login.  Check with your network team.

For example, anything matching this pattern https://yourcompany.jiraalign.com/ideaZone would bypass SSO.

0 votes
Samit Mehta _321 Gang_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

Hello Don,

The public URL is only for the external users.  For internal users, they have to access the Ideation capability from within the Jira Align UI.  Once they login, the easiest way to access the Ideation form is from the "Create" button on the top right of the Jira Align UI and select "Idea" from the dropdown menu under "OTHER ITEMS".  Note that the form is a little different (has more fields) than the one for external users.  Also, remember to let the users know which "Group" to select.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events