Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align Enhancements - Dependencies

Dominique Greene November 30, 2023

Hi, my company just migrated to Jira align and it's not as user friendly as Jira. The formatting is horrible and makes long text rough to read. I find myself exporting information into excel just to understand what's going on with dependencies. There's no reporting around dependencies, difficult to tell what new dependencies came in for my products. There's no way to sort by create date, the columns aren't able to move or the text does not wrap, there's no way to see last comments like you can in jira. That is just a fraction of the complaints that I have or others have about the tool. Is there any enhancements to make reporting possible on dependencies or the ability to create custom reports. We are forced to do extracts into Tableau just to understand some of the information we need. Thank you.

4 answers

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2023

"The formatting is horrible and makes long text rough to read."  Can you clarify?  I can read it just fine on my 21-inch monitor, Google Chrome in Full-Screen mode and magnification @90%.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.21.14 AM.png

"There's no reporting around dependencies..."  Could it be a permission issue?  I see several reports:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.27.53 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.27.38 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.27.07 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.26.29 AM.png

difficult to tell what new dependencies came in for my products Have you tried filtering?

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.32.02 AM.png

difficult to tell what new dependencies came in for my products.  You have tried the "ToDo" view?

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.39.57 AM.png

There's no way to sort by create date, the columns aren't able to move or the text does not wrap, there's no way to see last comments like you can in jira. That is just a fraction of the complaints that I have or others have about the tool.

All true.  We are currently working on rewriting most of the views to allow for column resizing and reordering.   I strongly encourage you to fill out enhancement requests as we are always seeking to improve the product.

Share your ideas with our community at jira.atlassian.com, our Jira instance for collecting suggestions and feature requests. Input from the community help shape our products. We'd love to hear what's on your mind.

Go to product suggestions

1 vote
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2023

@Dominique Greene & @James Webber , Enterprise Insights enables you to build custom reports and dashboards for your specific use cases with a data visualization tool such as Power BI or Tableau. Here is a video that provides a demo of Enterprise Insights: https://youtu.be/DIm_Ql3kP_k?si=itc4O07_xXe-Cpi4

1 vote
Heidi Hendry November 30, 2023

It's possible to extract data with API and also Enterprise Insights, if your company purchased that.

0 votes
James Webber November 30, 2023

We are experiencing the same issues and likely to move all our dependencies back into a Jira project. We extract the dependencies in Jira Align and use Power BI to report on them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events