Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JA Anchor sprint and Jira Sprints different end dates when sprint starts on Monday

anagha_a_kulkarni March 10, 2024

Any guidelines when sprint starts on Monday?

When 2 weeks Anchor Sprints are created in JA for sprint starting on Monday, the end date is automatically generated as Friday for each sprint.

Whereas when I have created 2 weeks sprint in Jira the end date is automatically setup as Monday 12:00am 

The working days in Jira are Monday to Friday, so I think it shouldn't actually matter as such if Sprint starts and ends on Monday 12:00am

I think what matters is "Jira sprint mapping buffer days", which probably need to change to 3days?

or should I make it custom in Jira and keep end date same as JA?

Sample screenshot to show JA anchor sprint

Anchor sprint Screenshot 2024-03-11 153847.png

Sample screenshot to show Jira Sprint  

Screenshot 2024-03-11 153825.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jamie Giantonio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2024

@anagha_a_kulkarni There are a few ways to handle this. one as you mentioned is changing you sprint buffer days in Admin-Jira Settings. The other way- when creating the PI and the Anchor Sprints, you could manually go into the sync sprints tab, and after hitting Create Anchors to get the anchor sprints created, you could manually update the end dates of the anchor sprints and then hit the save button. This will change your anchor sprint end dates in Jira Align

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events