Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to patch the work item links using the Jira Align Rest API 2.0?

Hassan Gharib
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2023

I am able to patch the description, title, and some of the basic fields but I can't find the path to use to patch the work item links.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to add links to predecessor or successor features/epics/ and capabilities.

I'd prefer to not use a put if possible just to make sure I don't overwrite something that I shouldn't.

thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2023

I don't see a way to update the Predecessor/Successor Links.  Alternatively, you could use the other "Links" ...not the question you asked and they do not function the same, but just throwing it out there:

[
   {
      "op": "add",
      "path": "/links/-",
      "value":
            {
               "name": "Predecessor Feature",
            }
   }
]
Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 3.33.25 PM.png
James Webber September 10, 2023

Ah nice - sorry I should have said I can’t get the links that are already there back by API so if PUT rather than PATCH I wipe the existing links

Like Allan Maxwell likes this
0 votes
James Webber September 9, 2023

I couldn’t update links even with Put rather than Patch. There are certain fields you can update via API but it seems links are not able to be updated. 

I hope I am proven wrong by someone else on this forum but this is my experience.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events