Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way for me to map Portfolio Epics to Products?

Brian Forsner January 10, 2024

Is there a way for me to map Portfolio Epics to Products?

1 answer

0 votes
Ankush Bora January 10, 2024

In foresight, I feel that would be depending on the nomenclature your use. A typical segregation could be Product A which may have Portfolio Epic - 1, 2, 3 and so on. However, there is nothing stopping you from identifying a Portfolio Epic based on your requirement. Note that JIRA may recommend the typical way mentioned above.

Brian Forsner January 11, 2024

I have 10 Portfolios.  Each portfolio is dedicated to unique set of products/services.  I create a portfolio epic (initiative) that extends the value of 1 or more of the associated products.  I would like to associate those specific products impacted to that portfolio epic.  It seems there are conventions for defining Products in the tool- I can't find and more information on this however.  I don't think using tags is appropriate.

Ankush Bora January 11, 2024

One way could be to evaluate at creating a Parent Product Portfolio Epic (use some agreed naming convention & distinct for each product) --> Tag your existing Portfolio Epics --> Features (Epics) --> User Story ....and so on.

This could be a "hack". There could be other possibilities for executing this better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events