Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to further customize the Status Report that you can get to from within an Epic?

Mandy Sanders October 2, 2020

In JA, if you click into an epic, you get the option to drill into a nice status report.  You can use the "Extra Configs" button to choose which fields are displayed on the report.  I'd love to be able to replace our biweekly spreadsheet-based status report with a screen capture of or link to this status report, but it has a couple of showstopper problems.  I'm hoping there are some hidden, admin-only configuration settings that will help.

The biggest problem for me is that several of the fields in the report, such as Description, Acceptance Criteria, Risks, etc., show only the first characters.  There's not even an option to click into the field to see the full contents.  Is there a word-wrap option somewhere that I'm missing?

Slightly less troublesome, the report is missing some key information that I'd really like to display on a status report.  Project Sponsor is the first thing that comes to mind, but there are others.  Is there any way to add or customize fields to capture and/or display additional information?

JA Status Rpt.png

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros October 7, 2020

To add, if you have Leo (the BI bolt-on) functionality, you'll be able to build a report in the BI tool of your choice in the meantime. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

@Mandy Sanders Echoing what Jesse said, there is limited configuration with the Status Report.  Some of the details you are looking for can display in an export.  If you go to the Epics Grid, under More Actions, there should be an option to export.

If you are interested in submitting an enhancement request to our Product team, I suggest you take a look at this Community Article, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/A-guide-to-Jira-Align-s-Ideation-portal/ba-p/1309475. It provides a lot of great details on how the process works.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

Howdy Mandy!

The customization/configurations you have found are pretty much it.  This is an area that you can request an enhancement for by submitting a ticket with Atlassian for Jira Align and get the Ideation Portal link.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events