cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impacts on syncing Feautres (i.e Jira Epics) but not stories

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2024

I am integrating Jira Align with Jira software Cloud and I have a special need where I want to sync only Epics but not stories. 

What are the impacts on Jira Align? What features will not work? what reports will not be available? 

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Jamie Giantonio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2024

@M Amine you could sync stories from Jira to Jira Align only (vs bi-directionally)  and not allow add/edit of stories in JA through permissions. This would give you rollup as Tom and James have mentioned, without allowing user story work to happen in JA.

0 votes
James Webber January 9, 2024

Agree with Tom, while its possible sync only Epics when you try to roll up story points or progress you would not have much info. Features in Jira Align (Jira Epics) show the stories under them - you get this syncing for free so pretty handy to have it since it's there.

0 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2024

@M Amine one of the key tenants of the Jira Align and Jira integration is to have visibility from Strategy to Execution.  
I don't believe we have anything documented around only syncing Jira Epics (Features) and not Jira Stories to JA.  

The short answer is YES, it will impact some reports and functionality in Jira Align, especially where we roll up story status and points.

What is the reason you only want to sync Features to Jira Align?

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Thank you Tom. 

Because stories are messy and need cleaning. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events