cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Migrate Jira Align

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Can we Migrate Jira Align from one Cloud site to another site?

If yes, how can we perform the same?

-Sri 

3 answers

1 vote
Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 30, 2020

Sri. My understanding is this manual at the moment and subject to human error.  

This is a really good question and Is a great area for product improvement.  

A good example would be how to migrate configuration information from one environment to another. how to move themes, initiatives and features.  Export / import is the only way I know how to do this.  Epics and stories are all in Jira so that is okay. 

Items like dependencies, risks, escalations, checklists, OKRs etc do not have a way to backup and restore.  Happy to be corrected.  

I encourage people to take screen shots of their configurations.  

So great question. Appreciate may answer is maybe not the answer you are looking for.  

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020
0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

@Sri Kumar I'd recommend you speak to the Jira Align Cloud team @Bill Duvall can help you out with info there..... 

0 votes
Peggy Graham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

I know this isn't an answer, but, I am curious about why you're asking, what prompted the question?

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

@Peggy Graham  
I work for Atlassian Cloud Migration Team. So Just curious about how the Jira align works during the migration process from cloud to cloud. If I am aware of the procedure, I can recommend the likewise when customer reach out to us with a similar query. 

-Sri

Peggy Graham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

OOOOHHHH, that makes sense!  I am part of the customer success team for Jira Align, so let me know if I can help!  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events