How is Program spend calculated when there are only 2 iterations completed?

Sanwar Mal September 19, 2022

Hi All,

JIRA Align calculates the program spend report by normalizing last 5 completed iterations but I have only 2 iteration completed.

There were iterations completed in past but we weren't using blended rate for last PI. We started using blended rate in current PI and it doesn't show the normalized values in program spend report. Although team level spend report for all iterations are showing perfectly.

Any Idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2022

@Sanwar Mal If you only have 2 completed iterations, then it will still calculate the normalized based upon the 2 completed iterations (based on sprint end date and not that it has actually been marked as completed).  Make sure for each of the teams that people have been added into each of the sprints and have been allocations assigned to them under Task Allocations (this is a % so 100 in the field means 100%).  Also, ensure the stories that have been accepted have a value in the LOE field.  Finally, ensure the program these teams belong to is part of the PI in which you assigned a Blended Rate value to.  If these are all in place and the number still isn't populating, then I would recommend opening a ticket to the support team to see what may be causing this number to be missing for you.

Sanwar Mal September 30, 2022

Thanks Jennelle,

I had to raise a ticket and it's still with Atlassian development team. I will reply here with the solution we find.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events