Does the Jira Portfolio work breakdown heirarchy integrate into Jira Align?

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Does the work breakdown (for example Theme -> Initiative -> Epic -> Story) one establishes in Portfolio for Jira integrate into Jira Align or does JA operate at a level above the Portfolio structure?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

If you establish Themes and Initiatives in Jira Portfolio, they can be brought into Align in a one-time import. However, they're not kept synchronized after that import. This is typically something a Solution Architect or Align Partner can help you do in the initial integration.

Jira Align synchronizes with Jira Software to keep the following Jira issues in synch:
Jira Epics
Jira Stories
Jira Sub-tasks (optional)

You can see more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-and-Jira-Align-Integration-Issue-Story-and-Epic-Management/ba-p/1259396#M59

Rich Sparks
Jira Align Enterprise Solution Architect

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @LarryBrock

I've got limited experience here but I found this article which details the basics on Jira Align hierarchies.

The questions in this article also appear to suggest the only link between Portfolio and Align is that they pull data from the same source, and this help page suggests they follow more closely the SAFe makeup of work.

Finally this article here explains the hierarchy in more detail and the FAQs seem to suggest you can add in other layers if needed.

Some good reading I think :)

Ste

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Thank you for all that research @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ - much appreciated!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

No worries - it was very useful for me too! :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events