cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal Feature

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Can anyone please elaborate little bit more about the features available on Customer Portal for Jira Align?

Best,

Fadoua

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi Fadoua, can you be more specific, please? Are your referring to the Customer Portal for Jira Service Desk? To the best of my knowledge, Jira Align does not have a Customer Portal feature...unless you are referring to the Help Center/Knowledge Base located here:

https://agilecrafthelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Are you referring to this Customer Portal for Jira Service Desk?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Customer-Portal-customization-JSD/qaq-p/1157679

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

@Shawn Kessler let me rewatch the webinar and get back to you. I am fairly new to Jira Align but very familiar with JSD.

Thank you for getting back to me!

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

@Fadoua or perhaps you are referring to the Ideation module, which is sometimes referred to as the Ideation Portal, where customers can enter enhancement requests?

https://agilecrafthelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002754474-10X-iZone-Ideation

We even use this portal ourselves on the Jira Align team--users vote on enhancements, and our Product Management team manages all feature requests directly from this portal. Here is a quick 1-minute video explaining the process:

https://vimeo.com/304680804

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

I think that’s what it was, however I still want to watch the webinar.

I want to know what customers can do because we are looking for a specific feature for our own customers as Atlassian Partner 

Thanks @Shawn Kessler

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

GM @Shawn Kessler 

That was the one Ideation Portal.

Sorry that I confused you, by calling it Customer Portal.

Best,

Fadoua

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

@Fadoua  Great--If you have any questions on ideation, let me know. Hopefully the video and the Help Center article can answer most of your questions.

Like # people like this
Victor Galli August 3, 2022

Hi @Shawn Kessler, in the attached Jira Align screenshot, you'll see that there is a separate "Customer Portal" toggle available at the following path:

JA Administration -> Access Controls -> Roles -> Super Admin -> "7 Administration" -> "Administration" -> "Customer Portal"

JA Screenshot Administration - Roles - 7 Administration - Administration - Customer Portal.png

This "Customer Portal" toggle appears to be separate from the "Ideation"-related toggles. Also, I'm assuming that this concept of a "Customer Portal" is related to the concept of "Customers", which can be found at this path:

JA Administration -> Setup -> Customers

Would you be able to elaborate on the relationship between "Customers" and the "Customer Portal"? Would you also be able to elaborate on how to differentiate the "Customer Portal" from the Ideas/Ideation Portal?

Victor Galli August 3, 2022

Also, it appears that there's a whole set of (presumably) related features around "Customers" in Jira Align:

• Customers
  • Customer Portal
  • Customer Calls
  • Customer Visits

If you're able to expand on how these are all related to each other, that would be very helpful.

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2022

Hi @Victor Galli
It has been a while since I worked with the Ideation feature, but will do my best to try and answer your questions.

I believe the Customer Portal toggle activates the Ideation Portal for the business that owns the instance...meaning, if I work for Atlassian and have a Jira Align instance, I use the toggle to allow my customers (Atlassian customers) to access Atlassian's Ideation Portal to submit ideas.

Secondly, Jira Align also has the concept of Customers as a work object. You can create Customers in Jira Align, and those can be assigned to other work objects like epics, capabilities, and features. You can document customer calls and visits. These objects are not related to the Ideation Portal.

Hope that helps, 
Shawn

Victor Galli August 16, 2022

Hi @Shawn Kessler, this does indeed help! 

If you're willing, it would be helpful if you could pass along feedback to the Jira Align team that additional clarity would be appreciated around this. An article on the Jira Align Help Center or in-application guidance/tool tips would all be great. These updates would, I suspect, be very helpful for anyone else who is struggling with this. 

@Fadoua: I assume that your original question is actually related to what I described above in my Aug 3rd posts, and I believe that the answer Shawn provided on Aug 3rd is the answer you were originally looking for. Is that right? 

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2022

@Victor Galli will do!

Like Victor Galli likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events