cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing ARTS together

Lenne Welch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2020

I am tasked with creating a Sales ART.  In this ART I have an Ops team responsible for the Salesforce Product (SFDC).  The SFDC dev team fall in another ART in IT Department.  The IT ART Dev team have dependencies on my team in the Sales ART.  I am struggling to understand how to link these dependencies.  Q - Do I duplicate the Epics and Capabilities in order to track features and stories on my board - or do I link my features and stories to the Epics and Capabilities already created on the IT ART board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

@Lenne Welch you do not need to created duplicate epics and capabilities for your ART.  Multiple programs (ARTs) can be added to epics and capabilities because they can span across multiple programs. Features are typically program specific. One program will be the primary program on the epic and capability. This functionality can be enabled by Atlassian support if this is not enabled in your Jira Align instance. All you have to do is add your program (Sales ART) and program increment(s) to the same epic and capability as the IT ART, you can create a feature linked to the capability for tracking work related to dependencies. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events