It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bringing ARTS together

I am tasked with creating a Sales ART.  In this ART I have an Ops team responsible for the Salesforce Product (SFDC).  The SFDC dev team fall in another ART in IT Department.  The IT ART Dev team have dependencies on my team in the Sales ART.  I am struggling to understand how to link these dependencies.  Q - Do I duplicate the Epics and Capabilities in order to track features and stories on my board - or do I link my features and stories to the Epics and Capabilities already created on the IT ART board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Tsubota Atlassian Team Jul 13, 2020

@Lenne Welch you do not need to created duplicate epics and capabilities for your ART.  Multiple programs (ARTs) can be added to epics and capabilities because they can span across multiple programs. Features are typically program specific. One program will be the primary program on the epic and capability. This functionality can be enabled by Atlassian support if this is not enabled in your Jira Align instance. All you have to do is add your program (Sales ART) and program increment(s) to the same epic and capability as the IT ART, you can create a feature linked to the capability for tracking work related to dependencies. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Virtual/Remote PI Planning Best Practices and FAQ Table of Contents

Due to recent challenges of most companies having to move to virtual and remote PI planning events, the Jira Align Solutions Architects wanted to start to capture some best practices and FAQ Table of...

3,142 views 3 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you