Baseline of the Program Board

Stephanie Davis April 4, 2023

Is there any way to baseline the Program Board so you can see what changed since the original plan was set at the beginning of the PI?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

I think the best option is to use the History button at the top of the Program Board ...it will show you all the every instance that a Card was moved on the board.  Filtering options are found under the "+" button.

In this example, Allan: Test Feature 2 started unassigned, then move to 2.3, then 2.4, then 2.5 and back to 2.3. 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 9.37.35 AM.png

Alissa Quick April 5, 2023

I've been watching this question because I'm dying for this functionality too! However, when I ran the report for 1/2/2023 - 4/5/2023, and I selected both Q1 and Q2, it says there's no history for my program. Do you know why that is?

Like Allan Maxwell likes this
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

Have any of the Features been moved?  You could check the Audit Log or work with the owner of one of the Features to move it from one Sprint to another and back.

Can you clarify what you mean by feature?

We use initiatives, deliverables or epics for our roadmaps. My use case is understanding how the roadmap we built effective 1/1/2023 changes over time (i.e., we were supposed to finish this deliverable in Q1 but it slipped into Q2, or we added new deliverables A, B, and C in March and they had never been in the plan for this year).

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2023

Features are the parent work items for Stories.

Hmmm, I must not be using this feature concept. We only use initiatives, deliverables, epics or stories/tasks. Poor Stephanie, I'm totally hijacking her question!

I'm not sure if your answer helps her, but I'm still looking for a way to "baseline" my roadmap (initiative/deliverable/epic) on January 1 and report on the changes that occur throughout the year without having to remember this or record it manually. Is there another recommendation for this need?

Stephanie Davis April 6, 2023

I believe this would be the Detached Instance feature on the Roadmap.

Like Allan Maxwell likes this
Alissa Quick April 6, 2023

Stephanie, is there a way to use the detached instance to systematically call out roadmap differences between P1 and P2? I'm only seeing it as a way to generate a roadmap view from a specific point in time, but I'm not seeing how to produce a view that shows me the deltas between two instances. 

Like Nguyen Dinh Hien likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events