Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will HipChat Server be GA?

Manuel Bernal May 28, 2014

I think HipChat is a really great product, but hoping Atlassian is truly making this business ready. One of the most glaring issues is lack of LDAP/SAML authentication. You want to sell this to SMB and Enterprise? Gotta have this to make deployment and management easy. Current process doesnt scale.

My biggest question though - is there some estimation as to when HipChat Server will be GA? IMHO Atlassian has done a poor job on setting expectations. Is it this year? Next? Please Atlassian folks...give us some updates!

3 answers

4 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2014

Hi Manuel,

GA release date is still up in the air as of now and we haven't decided on a time table for that just yet. As you may be aware, we are still in private beta for HC Server and the team is focused on polishing the product as much as possible before release which does mean a slower roll out than usual.

We're also still deciding on what features enterprise groups want, such as LDAP/SAML as you have mentioned. Any features that you would like to see in HipChat Server should be sudmitted to our user forum: http://help.hipchat.com/forums/230898-hipchat-server-betaThis will help us gauge interest in specific feature sets that are important and will help us shape the feature roadmap.

Finally, I can say you should see some updates coming down the pipeline next month. Thanks for the interest and for being patient.

Cheers
-David

MichelleW December 2, 2014

any update on timing of release? Pricing? we must budget and plan, otherwise our company will need to move to Slack

2 votes
Hilde Van Brempt August 21, 2014

Hello David,

Is there new information available on when Hipchat Server will become available? And do we have news on pricing?

Thanks

Hilde

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2014

Hi all,

I want to personally thank everyone for waiting patiently for a announcement regarding HC Server pricing and release dates. As it stands now, pricing info and release date will be announced shortly after the holiday break, early 2015. We have a mailing list available if you wish to be contacted when pricing goes public. You can request to be added to the list by sending an email to server-support@hipchat.com with your name and email address. If you have any other questions or issues for HipChat Server beta, feel free to email us at server-support@hipchat.com and thanks for all the great feedback!

PS - In case you didn't know, we have extended the beta period for all groups with a HipChat Server beta license. For more info on that, see this thread

Cheers!
-David 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events