Switch between Current Active Chats

I currently use ctrl+n to switch between active & current charts. At a given time, I'm chatting with 5 people. I find it overly taxing to have to ctrl+n+person name every time I have to switch over. Sometimes, the cost of switching as counted by keystrokes is higher than the actual communication itself!

Is there a way to display current active chats in the left navigation bar automatically (I don't have to drag them manually) or display each active chat in a tab (similar to skype for business).

If there is not, please consider adding this as a feature. 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Tadej Atlassian Team Nov 15, 2017

Hi Fred,

Using the HipChat app for Mac, you can hold Option + ⌘ and hit the left and right arrow keys to switch between chats.

It sounds like you may have your left-hand sidebar hidden in which case you can hold 'Control + ⌘' and hit the left arrow key to open that sidebar which displays a list of active chats.

The keyboard commands should be similar for Windows. Most of the keyboard commands can be viewed by hitting Ctrl + /  or ⌘ + /

Hopefully this helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

515 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you