Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between Current Active Chats

FredH November 14, 2017

I currently use ctrl+n to switch between active & current charts. At a given time, I'm chatting with 5 people. I find it overly taxing to have to ctrl+n+person name every time I have to switch over. Sometimes, the cost of switching as counted by keystrokes is higher than the actual communication itself!

Is there a way to display current active chats in the left navigation bar automatically (I don't have to drag them manually) or display each active chat in a tab (similar to skype for business).

If there is not, please consider adding this as a feature. 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Fred,

Using the HipChat app for Mac, you can hold Option + ⌘ and hit the left and right arrow keys to switch between chats.

It sounds like you may have your left-hand sidebar hidden in which case you can hold 'Control + ⌘' and hit the left arrow key to open that sidebar which displays a list of active chats.

The keyboard commands should be similar for Windows. Most of the keyboard commands can be viewed by hitting Ctrl + /  or ⌘ + /

Hopefully this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events