Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with hipchat on iPhone 6

Hi,

I have installed HipChat on iPhone. However, it directly logs me into an account, which I am not part of. Hence I cannot use HipChat effectively. Also, I couldn't find an option to logout of the obsolete account and login to the account I needed.

I tried even uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. However, still no luck. As soon as I login again, it takes to me the default account, which I don't want to be part of. 

Any ideas / suggestions to get away from this issue?

Thanks

Vijay

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Hi Vijay,

HipChat Cloud currently only allows one email address to be used with one account. If your desktop client is using two different accounts with the same email address, sounds like one of them might be on HipChat Server.

From the account you're trying to log into, click on the Profile button in the menu that shows your Avatar/status:

image2016-5-10 8:14:23.png

Now in the window that pops up in your browser, take a look at the URL:

image2016-5-10 8:18:37.png

Is it something.hipchat.com? If it's not, then that account is attached to a HipChat Server (and not HipChat Cloud). You'll need to reconfigure your iOS client to use the Server:

1. Go to your iPhone's Settings, then scroll down until you see HipChat.
  2. Tap Connect using > HipChat Server, then tap the back arrow.
  3. Tap Server address, then enter the fully qualified domain name of the HipChat Server. (For example, enter hipchat.example.com)
  4. If HipChat Server is using a signed SSL certificate, ensure the Require certificate validation toggle is enabled (green). (To find out whether this is required, check with your HipChat Server admin.)
  5. Tap Settings to ensure the new settings are saved.
  6. Open the HipChat app and sign in.

Hi Daniel,

Many Thanks for your response. That worked like a charm.

Regards

Vijay

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2016

Go to Settings and under accounts you will see the account you are currently logged into. Click on the Account and choose to Sign Out. Then sign in to the preferred account.

Hi,

I did that. However, after I signed out and try to re-login with my username and password, it logs into the same account which I don't want to. The probable reason could be that the same username and password is linked to the two accounts.

When I login to HipChat app on my Mac, it logs into the correct account. However, only on iPhone, I am facing this issue. Does the iPhone app default to only one account? Any thoughts?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events