Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use /code with API calls?

ssenaria NA February 24, 2016

Within HipChat one can use "/code" to display code within the HipChat client. Is it possible to do this via the API? In my Python code, I wrapped my text around "<code>my super duper code</code>" but it doesn't display it like what one would see if I use the keyboard shortcut.

1 answer

0 votes
rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2016

Yes, this is possible through the send_message API. Here's an example:

curl -d '{"message":"/code your code goes here"}' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' https://api.hipchat.com/v2/room/&lt;room_id_or_name&gt;/message\?auth_token\=yourpersonaltokengoeshere

I'm using Python and I tried that as well but it didn't parse "/code" correctly.

hipchat_logger.log(20, "/code Hi I should be in a codeblock")

Output:

/code Hi I should be in a codeblock

rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2016

Are you sure you're using the send_message API and not the send_notification API?

Looking at the API, it looks like the author is using the "notification" endpoint.

rich
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2016

What library are you using? If possible, I'd avoid using a library and make the REST calls yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events