cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat "Something went wrong error" after upgrade to 2.2.9

Sunny Bentley May 23, 2018

Users are unable to login after upgrading to 2.2.9.  Any tips?HipChatError.JPG

Log files here:

https://hipchat.indesign-llc.com/files/diagnostics/hcs-diagnostic-logs-20180523-054124-LSKf9aRRBZqvIwBe.tar.gpg

2 answers

0 votes
140401 kindia June 19, 2018
I am also facing same issue. I have upgraded to 2.4.0 .
I have added ssl certificate after upgrade and getting Something went Wrong error on UI .

Please suggest a solution for this.
I am new to Atlassian and still in learning phase, however the instance I am working is on cloud and I aslo don't know where to check for database and error logs.
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2018

Hi there.

In this case, may I suggest you to raise a support ticket to the HipChat Server Support team to speed up the troubleshooting process through the Support Portal with the log I suggested above including the following information?

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Hi, Sunny.

While there is no issues with the SSL certificate through the openssl check which is a common root cause to this issue, I was unable to download the diagnostics bundle you attached to this ticket. For now, can you please refer to the following sections

Troubleshooting Questions:

• Which OS are you on and which version of desktop client are you using?
  • Is the same problem reproducible on the web client & mobile client?
  • Do you have any proxy / firewall configured in front of the instance?
  • Since you mentioned that the problem occurred after the upgrade, was there any configuration changes done to the server itself / network that the server is on?
  • Are you able to access the web interface https://<fqdn> from the browser?

Information Gathering:

1. Enable active logging by running the following command in your server terminal / SSH console:
    sudo dont-blame-hipchat -c "find /var/log -name '*.log' -type f | xargs tail -f -n0" > /tmp/all.log &
  2. Take note of the generated pid. For example, mine is 8282:
    admin@hipchat:~$ sudo dont-blame-hipchat -c "find /var/log -name '*.log' -type f | xargs tail -f -n0" > /tmp/all.log &
    [1] 8282
  3. Execute the action of logging in and getting that error to capture the information we need:
  4. Once done, gain root access:
    admin@hipchat:~$ sudo dont-blame-hipchat
  5. Kill the process:
    root@hipchat:/home/admin# kill -9 8282
  6. Exit the root access:
    root@hipchat:/home/admin# exit
    exit
    [1]+ Killed sudo dont-blame-hipchat -c "find /var/log -name '*.log' -type f | xargs tail -f -n0" > /tmp/all.log
  7. Review the /tmp/all.log for the information that is logged when the problem occurs and share the output here for review. You can remove any sensitive information if you prefer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events