Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete HipChat messages via the API?

George P. II September 7, 2017

Exactly what the title says: can I delete HipChat messages via the API? If so, how?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2017

Hi, George.

It is not possible to delete messages sent to HipChat via API as this method is not listed in the HipChat API Reference page.

While this was discussed back then in Is there a way to delete a hipchat message via the api? where one of the developers mention that we do not have a way of doing this through API calls.

While we do not have a Suggestion ticket to keep track of this, we are checking this with the development team for verification.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi again, George.

Since we do not have a Suggestion to keep track of this, I went ahead and created this on the public tracker:

We encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. We also appreciate your feedback on the feature.

You can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request. Hope that helps!

George P. II September 11, 2017

Thanks! I posted a comment on that new ticket as per your request.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2017

You are most welcome, George. Any time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events