Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory users cannot sync with hipchat

mahsa ah February 22, 2023

Hi

Some users from Active Directory are not synced with hipchat. I synced Active Directory with hipchat manually many times, but still, there is some users that exist in AD, but they do not exist in hipchat user and they can not log in. I am using crowd to sync with AD. I tried both Active Directory and Crowd directory types.
By the way, it was working fine until now.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

Hi Mahsa,

HipChat DC/Server and Cloud have been EOL for at least 3+ years, so I'm not sure you're going to find anyone to help with the current issue.

What I normally suggest for HipChat troubleshooting when it comes to sync issues is to clear the embedded Crowd caches inside the image. Run this command inside the HipChat terminal:

sudo dont-blame-hipchat -"/etc/init.d/crowd stop && mv /etc/crowd/caches /etc/crowd/caches.bak && /etc/init.d/crowd start"

This will gain root, stop Crowd, moves the Crowd caches file, and then starts Crowd back up. From here, I would rerun the sync, and then check to see if users can auth.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
*David Maye*
Confluence & Crowd Enterprise Support Engineer II
Austin, Texas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events