Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End Of Life and are no longer supported by Atlassian.

For any issues or questions you might have - please continue to use community.atlassian.com, and let us know how we can help.

Message history on both platforms is no longer available, as of March 15th 2019. 

Migrating to Slack

While we’re moving out of the messaging space, we still believe in the power of messaging platforms to connect teams in realtime. That’s why we chose to make a strategic investment in Slack. We are encouraging all Stride and Hipchat Cloud customers to migrate to Slack, and are working with their teams to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.

If you haven’t already, please take a look at our Slack migration FAQs here: https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/slack/migration.

For those of you migrating to Slack from Stride, I highly recommend watching Slack’s webinar on how to use the migration tools to get an overview of the process.

As part of our partnership, Slack is offering a special one-time promotion for all Stride and Hipchat Cloud customers through September 30, 2019. All active Hipchat Cloud and Stride admins should have received an email with a one-time use discount code. If you’re an admin and unable to locate the discount code, please contact us with your Hipchat Cloud or Stride group name / url and we can provide your discount code.

New to Slack?

For teams new to Slack, we highly recommend sharing these on-boarding resources with your teams well in advance of the migration. Slack has built some great tutorials for getting started, including this webinar for new users. You can find more resources here:

Exporting your data

Message history on both platforms is no longer available, as of March 15th 2019. You can read more about migrating and other FAQ at https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/slack/migration.

Thank you

Hipchat started with an idea in 2010 and was a big part of transforming how teams around the world use workplace messaging today. Over the last several years, hundreds of people within Atlassian have worked to bring this service and it’s successor Stride to our customers, built with love and passion by teams all over the world. Thank you for being part of the journey!

9 comments

Perihan Ersoy January 23, 2019

Is there any way to export 1-1 chat data? I have many valuable 1-1 chats and I really want to export them 

goldsmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi @Perihan Ersoy - definitely, we've got your export needs covered.  There is a paragraph above around exporting data - and you can read more information at https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/slack/migration.  

Please note that data will be available for export through March 15th. Please make sure you get a copy of your message history prior to that date, as we're starting decommissioning systems after that date and the info will no longer be available.  Thank you!

Perihan Ersoy January 23, 2019

Hi Steve
I read the instruction, but you should be Hipchat Group Administrator. When I login with my username and password I cannot see Data Export tab. I also don't know Hipchat Group Administrator username /password. 

By the way I'm really sad of closing HipCat, I really love this product. It is much more better the other chat product I used before

Like goldsmith likes this
goldsmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Thanks @Perihan Ersoy - we worked hard to make it awesome for you! Our team is also sad that it is no longer a viable part of our business, and we're here to ensure all users including our team and yours successfully find a new solution. 

Unfortunately only the group admin is allowed to run the export (as it enables export of your entire org).  If your admin is not working with you anymore or your company needs help getting that reset, please head over to http://getsupport.atlassian.com and open a case with our team - we're standing by to help there for anything specific to an individual team. 

Thanks!

Barbara Kalinka January 24, 2019

I think Stride is great team tool. I think that you make a big mistake closing it. I used Slack for a while and its much worse that Stride, from functionality to the visual part ending. 

Like Perihan Ersoy likes this
Mehdi Heydari February 1, 2019

Hello

I need trial license for hipchat server. How i can get a trial license. We want to use hipchat server. Please help me

flemmon February 14, 2019

Thanks Hipchat & Team, you've been Real and made our engineering lives here at Chegg so much better over the years! Hipchat will be missed! We're on to Slack now, and it's like driving a new car with a lot more bells & whistles - but wow, there's a lot to be said for simplicity, too! Ah, I'm waxing nostaglic, but we look forward to Striding ahead now :-D

Like goldsmith likes this
Ravi Chennuri October 24, 2019

I would like to migrate my data from stride to my machine or Gdrive or slack. Is it possible now ?

goldsmith
Atlassian Team
October 24, 2019

Hi @Ravi Chennuri - unfortunately message history on both cloud platforms is no longer available, as of March 15th 2019.  Are you using Hipchat Server? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events