why fish is slow how to resolve it and how to clean the memory autom atically

joker world April 23, 2018

our fisheye is very slow.. whenever we restart it becomes fast.how to solve this issue

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

There may be many reasons, why an instance is slow. It's not very clear form your question, what is slow exactly, but I would like to suggest reading the following articles first:

The number one reason that FishEye/ Crucible is running slow is because the application hasn't been tuned properly. A lot of tuning FishEye requires some trial and error and most of the time it requires a wholistic approach and not any one thing. That's why it's so important to read the above articles and make sure you understand the various tunable parameters (heap size, CPU, initial/ incremental indexer threads, polling vs hooks, etc..) that will allow you to get the most out of your machine and the application.

It's also worth noting that if you're running FishEye/Crucible in a VM indexing of your repositories will certainly be much slower than if it were on a physical server. I/O throughput is very important to indexing performance. 

Last but not least, there is always a chance that your environment is at fault as well (network, disk speed, disk space, file descriptors, I/O throughput, etc.). It's important to check if any of these could be the cause. 

joker world April 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your response... our actual question is our fisheye is very slow often...when ever it is slow we restart the fisheye service then it will be quite fast.....then after few hours it will be slow again and we again restart it and it will be fast... we donot know why its slow but when we restart it will be fast enough ....we are experiencing for the past 2 months ....cloudnot find the problem ......   

im giving some hint

1.The problem started coming when we started to add GIT repository before that we didnot experience this problem

please give a better solution to find  why it is slow and why it is fast when we restart the service

Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Hey again! Unfortunately, I don't have any advice that I can provide for you without reviewing your logs and thread dumps. That would have to be done in a support case. If you have a support license, please raise a request at https://support.atlassian.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events