Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repository stated stuck on 'Scanning'

Jake King August 7, 2018

Currently, we have Crucible and Fisheye configured, and they are looking at 5 bitbucket repositories.  The state for the repositories is stuck on 'scanning'.  I see no progress movement, and it shows no commits on any repository.  The 'last updated' field is always 'a few seconds ago', and looking at the repositories in the admin console shows the repositories status updated every minute, and they all show 'running'.  Any help on how to get these working would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hi Jake,

I take it that this is a new setup where the repositories were just added to Fisheye?

What type of repositories are these?

How large are these repositories?

How long have they been listed as scanning?

What are your resources assigned to the server like? (Memory, CPU, etc)

If these are large repositories (not just in on-disk size, but the number of commits as well), your available system resources as well as how many indexing threads you have configured can have an impact. 

-Mark

Jake King August 9, 2018

The repositories are GIT/Bitbucket repos, and the Fisheye/Crucible install is a new install, though the Bitbucket/GIT install is about a year old.  

They've been listed as 'scanning' for roughly a week at this point.  

most of the repositories range, one has less than 100 files, and 100 commits.  one is larger, ranging probably a couple Gb, with a lot of Commits over that years time.  (Very active project).  

The server has 16Gb of RAM, and 3 CPUs. Generally, the usage doesn't seem overly taxed (ie: the CPUs are nearly idle, and the RAM is not running at 100%, though the SQL server does take about 12Gb, it's still got room to maneuver).  

Jake King August 9, 2018

One thing I just thought about: all of the other utilities (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) all use MySQL as their database, but Crucible/Fisheye didn't ask to set up an external database, and therefore is using the HSQLDB configuration.  Should I find a way to migrate over to MySQL instead?  Could that be related to part of the problem?

Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Hey Jake,

I don't think your database is at play here as your repository index data is stored on the file system. Things stored in your database would be your review data and permissions for example. Even so, we do highly recommend that you use an external database for production environments. You can check out our page migrating to an external database to get started.

I want to get more detailed information from you, therefore, I've created a support case. You should have received a notification with the issue number. We will continue the investigation there.

-Mark

Jake King August 16, 2018

I don't seem to have gotten an email about the support case at any time.  Do you know where you've sent it?

Jake King August 29, 2018

Hello?  This issue is still ongoing, and I've not heard back from anyone in weeks.

Mark A.
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2018

Jake - the ticket was created using the Atlassian account you are currently logged in as.

I've sent multiple communications to that inbox.  Are you not monitoring this account?

Jake King September 18, 2018

I just got this last email.  that seems to be working.  

AdrienVR January 3, 2022

I have the same issue with a small git repository, how did you fix this?

Bill Sherman May 16, 2022

I too have this issue -- could we get someone to tell us what you did to fix the issue?

AdrienVR May 17, 2022

On my side the issue was coming from an invalid path during the config (sorry I deleted my crucible so I can't give more details), from what I remember I fixed it by reading carefully the tooltips on each field during the project configuration and fixed one path.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events