how to change crucible URL?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

I know how to change JIRA URL from localhost:8080 to jira.xxx.com, but I cant figure out how I can achieve this for crucible since I cant find that server.xml or any documentation on Crucible Guides.

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2011

If you have crucible and jira running on the same machine, but different DNS records, it's not something you can configure in jira or crucible (assuming you want them both on the default port).

Look at running apache on port 80, and proxying via ajp or http, using vhosts. BTW I am not trying to give you an enhaustive answer, you'll need to do some research on this.

If you just want to change the crucible/fisheye port you can do it in the Server settings in admin, then restart (or edit config.xml and restart).

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2011

Can you please provide more details on what url you are trying to change? Are you trying to change the site url for the Crucible instance?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2011

Yes. So instead of localhost:8060, I want it to be crucible.mycompany.com. I have set the dns for it but right now that url redirect to JIRA (since they are on the same server). I need to change httpd port for crucible to use anohter port than 80 but I dont know which file I need to change.

Thansk again for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events