cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye crucible profiler

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Hi all,

We are using Fecru and all of the sudden it became very slow on certain operations.  We can search for a code review and it comes up fairly quickly then we click on a file and it spins for about a minute.  Which in the internet world is way too long.  I am aware of profiling on JIRA and Confluence.   Is there a profiler for Crucible/Fisheye?

Thanks so much,

Robert

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2016

Hi @Robert G. Nadon / @Tini Good / @Topher Eliot,

At this time, profiling is not yet possible in FishEye/Crucible the same way it is in JIRA and Confluence.

I have created a new request for this in our development issue tracker, and you can track it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-6382

Feel free to vote for the issue, add it to your watch list in order to be notified on its progress, and leave a comment there describing your use-case the more detailed the possible. This will help our development team to build a solution that meets better your needs.

If you want to know more about how we prioritise feature requests, take a look at our policy.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

1 vote
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2016

Hi Robert, I suggest to start with enabling the debug logging in FishEye/Crucible. In logs you will see various timers. As you mentioned that you're having slowness in UI, then look at "qtp*" threads. Opening a file may take long time due to several reasons:

• blame information is missing in FishEye's indexes and the thread has to hit SCM directly (especially for SVN it can be slow)
  • file is very large (e.g. 100k lines); by default Crucible has 100kB limit of a file size for rendering diffs, some customers increase this limit; check your settings
  • database is located on another server with a high latency from FishEye/Crucible server; it can cause general slowness

1 vote
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

I've spent a LOT of time testing for root cause on this, and here's the things that helped the most:

• Always use Firefox, not IE, for Crucible reviews. 
  • Gigabit drops for users.
  • Our SVN and FE/Cruc share a server.  There are alternatives - 10gb+ pipe between the servers or doing a local file share - but this is easiest.
  • Server disk I/O is NOT the problem with Crucible review response time.

Read (and vote for!!!) this bug report:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-6158

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

One last note:  IE 32-bit or 64-bit, both perform poorly.  JIRA is fine with IE except when using the Up/Down arrows to move between records of a query result

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

I never use IE for anything except playtime.  For business, I primarily use Chrome and if that fails then I will switch to Firefox.    Our problem was not a browser one.   I think crucible was doing something though, but a top showed it was the only thing consuming CPU and memory and was not consuming very much of either.     If there is no profiler for FeCru then that sounds like a very good recommendation.  I will check with Atlassian.

1 vote
Topher Eliot March 1, 2016

What is your underlying source code repository?  We see things like this with Subversion, and have never figured it out.

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

Perforce (moving to GitHub later this year but currently using Perforce).  It self corrected, and so is not so critical, but I still would like to know if there was a profiler for me to do some analysis.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events