Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does FISHEYE_INST environment variable prevent me from installing crucible and fisheye on the save server?

joseph-greenawalt-fei August 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing Crucible on Linux and Mac

According to the documentation this is seems to prevent from doing this as the same variable name is pointing to two different locations.  Or am I reading this wrong?

FishEye DOC: FISHEYE_INST="path/to/<FishEye instance directory>"

Crucible DOC: FISHEYE_INST="path/to/<Crucible instance directory>"

Or can they just share a FISHEYE_INST directory?

Thanks,

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

FISHEYE_INST directory cannot be shared.

You can try with setting FISHEYE_INST just before starting an instance. 

export FISHEYE_INST=&lt;location1&gt;
instanceA/bin/start.sh

wow, I don't know how to reply to that.  

I see both when unzipped create this folder: fecru-4.1.2  is this the same app?  Do i actually need to have two installs to use both of them?

what actually separates them into two applications?

thanks for reply

Joe

aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Ok, I didn't understand your problem correctly.

I though that you want to install many FishEye or Crucible applications (totally separated). In this case FISHEYE_INST cannot be shared because one application will override another's data.

But, I understand that you want to have Fisheye and Crucible running together.

FishEye and Crucible are bundled together. Each of them is activated when you provide license for it. It doesn't matter which app you start.

Pick one of them, start and add license for both products into same instance. 

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Updating+your+Crucible+license

OH...ok, so I just need one install and the licenses activate each feature?  That makes much more sense.  Thanks, Joe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events